Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Software Review PDF Handout

http://www.scribd.com/doc/4057013/Music-Lessons-I-Simmons

5 comments:

EMan01 said...

Tim,

Great review. I think that you gave an honest review of a program that has a lot of capabilities but seems to fall short in some areas. It definitely does not take the place of a music theory teacher. However, I am sure that it can be useful for practice and drilling exercises. I'm sure that an advanced theory student in high school or a college freshman in music could get some benefit out of this software. Great job!

Eric

Laurie Shearer said...

Hi Tim,
What a great job! I am glad to see another software with many basic music exercises available. I would be very interested in the circle of 5ths exercise. I am sure it would be a great visual to see and help students remember.
Laurie

Diana said...

Nice job! I agree that it probably doesn't live up to today's hi-tech, hi-entertainment expectations; however, it does seem to be a valuable tool to supplement classroom instruction on notation, keyboard skills, key signatures, and ect.

Diana

Dustin G. White said...

Tim,
I totally agree that most computer programs cannot take the place of a real teacher. I used this program when I was in high school as a supplement to my piano lessons. I always had questions, which my teacher could answer. The controls on this program are not user-friendly. Your pdf is a great representation on this software program. Great Job!

Sherry L. Francis said...

Tim,
Great job! I posted comments on my blog.
-Sherry Francis